Senior Pre-Sales Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA or Remote
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind the world's most popular open source load balancer. Companies with mission critical web businesses like Netflix, Reddit, GitHub, and Instagram depend on HAProxy to Power their Uptime.
HAProxy Technologies is looking for a Pre-sales Engineer to work either from our Waltham, MA office or remotely. As a critical role in our sales process, you will engage directly with customers and users as an technical expert in network design and architecture.
YOU WILL NEED TO:
• Have deep technical expertise on load balancing, intelligent application routing, application acceleration, web services, content caching, SSL offloading, and CDN
• Work closely with customers through the evaluation process to help HAProxy technical capabilities to customer requirements
• Creating and delivering technical product demonstrations, presentations, and network design
• Participate in the creation of in-depth technical articles
• Help develop and deliver technical webinars, lunch and learns, and other technical seminars
• Communicate customer requirements to engineering and product management
YOU MUST HAVE:
• 5+ years of pre-sales or systems engineering experience in routers/switches/core networking, load balancers, security (web, firewalls, email).
• Experience with load balancing and traffic management technologies, eg: Riverbed, NGINX, A10, F5, Citrix, Kemp or others, or experience using HAProxy.
• You have expert level knowledge of HTTP, web servers and web applications.
• You have knowledge of associated protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, SMTP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, POP, DNS.
• Experience presenting technical solutions and demonstrations via phone and web
• Experience with Linux/UNIX-based systems
• Ability to travel 10-25% of the time
• BS/BA degree or relevant experience
Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Technical support / R&D
We are always looking for qualified candidates to expand our team and offer their technical know-how in networks, Linux, or Open Source systems. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAProxy is seeking an R&D Software Developer to help us pursue our growth and enhance our product capabilities. Please send your CV and cover letter (reference IRD1109) to email@example.com.
At least a 3-year degree from a technical university. Excellent C development skills and knowledge of Linux systems and networks required.